pet plus


pet immer dabei – Lesen Sie, wo, wann und wie Sie wollen.
  • Print-Ausgabe direkt per Post
  • Ausgaben auch als E-Magazin
  • Immer verfügbar – auf PC und Mobil
  • Online-Archiv seit 1996
Abonnement Print & Online
Direkt weiterlesen
2001, Nr. 7-8, S. 16 News    Sales up in pet sector    Last year the veterinary pharmaceuticals market in Germany grew by 2.9 per cent to DM 931 mio. According to information from the Federal Association of Animal Health, increases were generated only in the pet segment.     Clearer structuring for Gafa    Subject-related bundling of the product ranges is intended to ensure greater transparency at Gafa, the international garden trade fair that is held in Cologne. The exhibition company has announced that the categories of water technology, pet products and aquariums are to be combined at the fair from 2 to 4 September.     Nuremberg know-how in demand    Nürnberg Global Fairs, a subsidiary of Nürnberg Messe GmbH, will be organising two pet trade fairs in conjunction with regional partners this coming autumn: the China International Pet Show in Beijing from 10 to 13 October and the Zoosphere & Veterinary Medicine in St Petersburg from 14 to 17 November. Both fairs are being held in countries where high growth is expected for the pet products market in the future.     Germany: Only slight growth for pet products market    Although growth in the pet market in Germany is slowing down ever more noticeably, it is still holding firm. The most recent market data supplied by the IVH, the industrial association for pet products, for the year 2000 supports this: last year saw sales rise by 0.4 per cent to DM 5.419 bn. Pet food accounts for DM 3.989 bn (+0.3 per cent) of the total, and accessories and equipment for DM 1.430 bn (+0.6 per cent). Whereas sales of dog food have declined slightly, cat food has managed to grow sales by 0.9 per cent. However, where accessories are concerned, products for dogs achieved a high growth-rate of 4.1 per cent ­ probably stemming from the discussion about dangerous breeds, as a consequence of which the bylaws concerning dogs were altered in the majority of the individual Länder. Over the summer months the pet trade profited from this change, which resulted in a record demand for muzzles, leads and collars.    The aquarium sector also saw considerable growth, with sales of fish food rising by 3.5 per cent in the year 2000, according to figures released by the IVH. Positive development was also experienced by the small animal market (rodents and reptiles), which grew by 4.0 per cent last year. In contrast, reductions were recorded once more by the category of ornamental birds, which nevertheless is still…
Zur Startseite
Mehr zum Thema
Lesen Sie auch